Instructions for Authors
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS
‘Journal of Agricultural Sciences’, the official journal of the Faculty of Agriculture in Belgrade-Zemun, publishes scientific papers of all agricultural areas (Crop and Vegetable Sciences, Fruit Science and Viticulture, Animal Science, Soil Management, Phytomedicine, Agricultural Engineering, Food Technology and Biochemistry, Agricultural Economics). The papers can be written by faculty research workers, students as well as other domestic and foreign associates. The author should guarantee that the paper submitted for publication has not been published and that it will not be published elsewhere in the same form without the written consent of the Editor.
The registration of the authors and the submission of the papers should be done via the following link:
The papers are published both in English and Serbian. The papers written in the English language should have a short summary in the Serbian language at the end of the paper. The authors from Serbia are asked to submit the papers both in English and Serbian, and the authors from other countries only in English. The papers written in the Serbian language should have a short summary in the English language at the end of the paper. In addition, the titles of tables and figures as well as their headings should be translated in English if the paper is written in Serbian. The translation of the summary of the foreign authors will be provided by the publisher. Authors are asked to write their papers clearly and grammatically correctly, both in English and Serbian.
The Journal is published four times per year and the following types of contributions are published:
Original scientific paper– The paper should report the unpublished results of original research. This paper should occupy 6 to 12 pages.
Review article– The article which contains original, detailed and critical review of research problem or area where the author has made a certain contribution visible on the basis of self-citations (at least 10). This article should occupy 15 to 20 pages.
Preliminary communication– Original research paper of full format, small-scale or preliminary character. It should occupy 2 to 6 pages.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission’s compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
1. The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
2. The submission file is in Microsoft Word or RTF format.
3. Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
4. The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses).
5. The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
6. If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
7. Illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end; references are written in a separate section at the end of the paper (even when they are written in footnotes).
8. If the preparation of paper was (co)financed by an EU or national founding agency/Ministry, both the title and ID of the project is stated in the paper under Acknowledgements.
9. Abstracts and keywords are written in two languages (a) Serbian, (b) English; exceptionally in some other world language if it is widely used within particular field of science.
All future associates are asked to prepare the paper according to the given instructions in order to facilitate the work of the Editorial Board. Unless the paper is prepared according to the given instructions, it will not be accepted for the prospective publishing.
Editorial Board of the Journal
JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES